they get it innocently

IMG_1572
"You measure and I'll bang..." she says. "Two hours!!" he replies. We'll keep working on our units of measurement.

And another classic quote from this evening: "Ok, Ivory, it's time for you to be done going potty. You have been sitting there for a long time!" She protested: "But I need to finish this book!!!"

IMG_1563Tonight for supper we had pesto pizza flatbreads... a recipe I kind of invented by myself a long time ago when we lived in Speer. I ended up making flatbreads from scratch tonight and loved this recipe: Quick & Easy Flatbread. It was definitely quick and easy, even for a first-timer, which it better be when you don't decide what's for supper until 5 p.m. (I'm trying to do better about that). After I made them I loaded them up with pesto and then cooked/shredded chicken and chopped tomatoes, peppers, and green onions... a layer of mozzarella on top and a little Italian seasoning and garlic salt. I added spinach on mine but graciously left it off of Grant's. :) The kids could barely be persuaded to eat just the bread with chicken and cheese so I was glad I had left everything else off. We ate them outside along with some fresh peaches (I had snagged some yummy seconds from Tanner's last week), and enjoyed this beautiful, beautiful evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

loved

edelstein: before & after

tending