book review: bread of angels

978-1-4964-0647-7I loved Bread of Angels. I knew I would, because Tessa Afshar is an excellent writer who brings biblical times to life so effectively! I've always been so impressed by the way that she portrays the women of that day - their struggles, their emotions, their normal lives - just like ours, but distinctly different. And it brings so many biblical concepts into perspective.

Bread of Angels is a fictional account of Lydia, loosely based on Lydia, the believer in Philippi. It details her struggles as a single businesswoman and demonstrates the very clear differences between her life before and after conversion in Christ. It is a story about overcoming fear and learning to trust - a story we can all relate to.

I'd highly recommend it. :) I received a copy of this book from Tyndale in exchange for my review. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

loved

edelstein: before & after

tending