book review: he calls you beautiful

unnamedHe Calls You Beautiful has been my go-to read during nap time and my morning quiet time, and that's saying a lot. There are plenty of other things calling for my attention during those moments of rest, but this book has drawn me in. I chose it skeptically, never dreaming how much of a bright spot it would be in my day.

Just as the Song of Songs relates in equal parts to earthly marriage and our church-to-bridegroom relationship with Christ, so does this book. And it is also equal parts teaching/Bible study and stories that are so well-placed, so interesting, that you just want to keep reading. Dee Brestin is a very talented author; she tells the Song of Songs like a story and simplifies it, yet brings it to life. I was so impressed by this book. It has opened my eyes to the Song of Songs, the love of Christ, and the countless beautiful ways that earthly marriage points to the eternal. I've been so encouraged and filled by this study.

I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for my review. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

loved

edelstein: before & after

tending