book review: positive discipline - tools for teachers

51zU4yDGACL._AC_US218_Perhaps the theme that stood out to me the most in this book was the importance of "not engaging". My dad always used to tell me that it takes two to fight, and I guess it's the same way when it comes to teacher-student relationships. And, I also found it very relevant to my relationships with my children! Since perusing this book, I've thought of this idea often as fights break out between my children, and during times when they defiantly stand up to me - the truth is, that they cannot fight if I do not fight back. And so, we find other ways to work it out. The book offers some tools to start with! :)

It's a read I found relevant to both teaching and parenting!

I received a copy of this book in exchange for my review. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

loved

edelstein: before & after

tending